Current Sermon Notes
Promise 2: In The End, God Wins!
February 28st, 2021
- Building Our Lives On The Promises Of God (2 Peter 1:2–4)
- God Has Given Us Everything We Need To Live This Life In A Way That Is Pleasing To Him.
- He Has Done that through His Great And Precious Promises Which Serve As A Sure And Steadfast Anchor For Our Souls.
- The Promises Of God = Truth.
- We Are In A Cosmic War (Revelation 12:7–8)
“Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (Ephesians 6:12 NIV)
“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.” (2 Corinthians 10:3–4, NASB95)
- Satan Started It!
- Satan Known As Lucifer Was ____________ A Glorious Being And Guardian.
“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations!” (Isaiah 14:12 NKJV)
“You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you” (Ezekiel 28:12–13 NIV)
- In His ___________, Satan Wanted To Be Worshiped Like God.
“You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High’ ” (Isaiah 14:13–14 NIV).
“Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor” (Ezekiel 28:17 NIV).
- God Cast Satan Out Of Heaven Because Of His ________________.
“So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings” (Eze. 28:17 NIV).
“The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth” (Revelation 12:9 NIV).
- Satan Has Been An ___________ To God And God’s Followers Ever Since
“The LORD said to Satan, ‘Where have you come from?’ Satan answered the LORD, ‘From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it’ ” (Job 1:7 NIV).
- Satan Has Many Names, But The _________ Reveals His Wicked Strategy.
- There Are Many Names For Satan Given In The Bible:
- The Word Devil (Diabolos) Means “Splitter,” “__________,” Or “Separator.”
- He Masquerades As An Angel Of _______________
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. (2 Corinthians 11:14–15, NIV84)
- Satan’s Goal Is To Steal, Kill, And _______________ (John 10:10)
- God Has A Plan (Romans 16:17-19)
- Be _______________
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8, NIV84)
so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes. (2 Corinthians 2:11, NASB95)
- Know That They Are _______________ To Their Own Lusts
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. (1 Jn 2:16, NASB95)
- They Use Smooth Talk And Flattery To Deceive The _______________
- _______________To God Combats The Temptations Of Satan
- Be Wise In Regards To What Is Good, But __________ As To What Is Evil.
- God Has Provided Resources For Us To Stand Against Satan
- We Have Divine _______________ To Defeat The Tactics Of The Enemy.
“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds” (2 Corinthians 10:4 NIV).
- We Have Spiritual ________ To Help Us Defend Ourselves Against Attack:
- We Have The Holy Spirit
… greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4, NASB95)
Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (Jam. 4:7, NASB95)
- We Also Battle Through ______________ And ________________.
- Promise 2: In The End, God Wins (Romans 16:20)
- We Live In Light Of Jesus’ __________ Defeat Of Satan At The Cross
(Jesus) … having disarmed the powers and authorities … made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross” (Colossians 2:15 NIV).
- Satan Knows That Jesus Has ________________
“The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work” (1 Jn. 3:8 NIV).
Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil … (Hebrews 2:14, ESV)
- God Will Keep His __________ To Give Us The Ultimate Victory Over Satan.
“The God who brings peace will soon defeat Satan and give you power over him” (Romans 16:20 NCV)